Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Animals dont pet people.

who needs pets?
they are dirty, and selfish. Always asking to be fed, or pet and loved. Always taking from you and never giving.
I wonder if that is how God feels about humans. Are we his dirty little pets? Praying and begging for good fortune and a comfortable life? Still running around, shitting where we eat and breaking stuff, then hiding behind furniture and asking for forgiveness and petting?
If God is like me he hates his pets. God must be sympathetic if nothing else.
Myself on the other hand, am one tick shy of breaking these necks and throwing the bodies in the trash, but I won't. I let them live here and reluctantly care for them. Trying not to let my anger of these two spread to the whole species.. These that I have in my care, have poisoned my view of the rest.
I am angry. How can we continue to be so abusive of this life that is given?
Its good that I am not in charge.
I go outside and tend my roses, trying to calm down. It is working. I clip one rose, high up, knowing full well there is a spider underneath it. I hate spiders. I ruin his web. Confident in my omnipotence, "He will climb high again and rebuild." I see that he is a 3 legged spider, and I am filled with remorse. Im sure it was not easy for him to get so high and finally make his home. I have inadvertently just ruined the greatest effort of its life. With one clip, and no consideration, I ruined two things that He made beautiful. I wanted to have the flowers in my home. I gave no thought to the struggles of the one who lived there, or the creator of both. I wonder if I am really in Gods image. I am vengeful. Also understanding, and not intentionally mean.

1 comment: